Thursday, January 13, 2011

One Month Crunchtime

Oh shit. What is it about procrastination that makes it seem so alluring but it's really poisonous? It's like a great big piece of chocolate for a diabetic. Some people have rage problems, some people snore--my problem is I procrastinate and with 1 month until we are officially moved in, I have a lot to do.

I had written down a lot of stuff I wanted to do and how I wanted it done on this blog which is precisely why I created it. Then DUH! I forgot to read it. So I have to go through it and think, think, think. I forgot about things like rugs for the bathroom and wine rack. I FORGOT THE WINE RACK!!! When life gets shitty, when there's romance in the air, when I cook....I need wine. A wine rack is as integral to my being as the TV is to a jock who watches ESPN. Seeing my wine beautifully displayed in a rack is like watching the Superbowl on an HDTV. It just makes it that much better.

So, note to self: get rug for bathroom. Do people normally freak out this far ahead? Isn't this the time when people just begin looking for apartments? I don't know if I have the time-line right or wrong but my room is filling quickly with boxes and boxes and bags of stuff and my mom is freaking out, lol. She's coming in here and falling over all these boxes I'm hoarding for some imminent date in the near future. She's been a bit concerned since a bag with ceramic mugs crushed the cat's tail. Whoops.

I HAVE AN INKLING I WANT TO DO A DARK GRAY
I am doing what I fear the most--FINALLY going to the paint store. Why have I put this off? Why have I discussed my joy to paint the room but haven't bought the goddamn paint? Well, quite frankly, I'm afraid to waltz into Behrs or Benjamin Moore and stand like some freakin' idiot scratching my head with a blank stare going on. Uh.....I've never painted anything before except my nails. I don't mean to piss off my feminist friends and sound like a dumb ditz but seriously...I don't want to fuck up the walls and I have NO clue what I'm doing. I'm going to go into the store either embarrassingly clueless or with a set of Google instructions in my hand. I'm not sure which is worse, especially since I'll probably be just as clueless with the paper in my hand. I don't know how to pick the best color for an accent wall and what happens after that. Should I tip the paint-guy to do all the brainwork for me? Lol. I'll have to credit my artistically put together apartment to some guy who picks his nose in the paint store. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment