Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Tiny Bedroom

I won't complain about having a pea-sized bedroom. New York flats have 500 square feet and look phenomenal, so I'm going to try my best to make do especially with an incredulous partner who has no idea how in any universe I am going to fit a bed that can hold the two of us into this remarkably tiny space. 

I'm relying on luck and precise measurement here but a tall bed with storage underneath and no headboard in a double size should suffice although that is all that will fit in the bed. If this is not the case, we will have to just get a solid wood bed base and a mattress in the style of a platform bed a la Japanese style. The problem is the room. If we put a bed in, will we have to climb over the bed to get to the bathroom each time and will the bathroom door even close?


At worst, I will have to resort to a single bed and use it as a guest room for visitors. At least our friends will have a cozy room to sleep in!

I have decided the room needs to be funky cool so I wanted to go with a canary yellow paint and blue decor such as painted royal blue wall shelves, royal blue bedding and royal blue curtains for the window. 

3 comments:

  1. Where are those yellow sheets from in the top picture?! I have been dying for something yellow with stripes for my bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, have you heard of Furnishr? It’s a pretty interesting looking home furnishing startup.
    Furnishr is an all-in-one home furnishing service. Check them out. Would like to hear others thoughts on this business. Here’s link btw tiny apartment furniture

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there,
    Fantastic write-up submit and also useful submit. your ideas Tiny bedroom
    write-up submit studying myself. Myself to be able to identical companies, in the event you wants information examine this kind of visit the site https://www.usehometips.com/how-to-make-the-most-of-your-tiny-bedroom-space/ 100% perform this kind of myself special finest. Many thanks sent in for the write-up.
    Thank you creator

    ReplyDelete