Monday, November 29, 2010

Paint is thy Passion

I love painting. Painting art, painting walls, it's a joy to transform a simple background whether it's a piece of paper or a whole living room.

My palette

GRAY
Gray for me is cool, sophisticated, calm and clean. Gray is modern, fresh and neutral. Gray is a color I would like to as an accent wall in the living room and in the bathroom definitely. There will be gray in our home.  


Black and peach
Black and peach is for the kitchen. Black lacquered cabinets instead of stale, white ones adds dimension to an otherwise boring kitchen. The peach is the wall colour or an accent on the trim. I'm trying to create a sophisticated space for my talented culinary abilities. :) Such as above.

Green and Cream 
Green\cream bedroom inspiration
A bright eclectic green with creamy white\French white accents (painting, curtains, bedspreads, rug, dressers, etc) are reserved for our bedroom. Green is a lively color. It is associated with all things live like spring, plants, etc. It is associated with health, wealth, renewal, restfulness, and denotes balance, harmony and stability.

It is a color that is vibrant, optimistic and energizing. I want an energizing room to wake up in. I want to wake up in a good, cheery mood and green and cream will do that. The right shade of green needs to be picked though, nothing too bright or too grassy or pukey or washed out. But green and cream will appear in our bedrooms, whether my sweetie-poo agrees or not. I will put up a fight for this one ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment