Monday, November 29, 2010

Vanity and Mirrors

I'm obsessed with mirrors the way most people are obsessed with TVs. They want a nice big TV in the living room or bedroom because it looks good. They could easily watch a TV show on an old, frumpy TV but no, they want a sleek, nice big flat screen bugger. Well I like mirrors. I love looking at myself and I love how elegant they look. I could see a place in my home for every mirror I meat (closet doors, check) and would never understand how a bathroom cannot have a nice, generously sized mirror. I want 5 mirrors in the house as accents and decor and I want to find a big, lovely antique mirror. Something with a unique design or an unusual shape.
I want a mirror behind our bed against the wall, behind the sofa against the wall, in the foyer, in the bathroom (or two mirrors if the bathroom comes with one) and the fifth one in the hallway with an accent chair.
Farm inspired antique mirror. I need to hunt it down, or one like it.

Surprising, modern use of red in an antique mirror.
Mirrors add charm and people are drawn to them naturally because they're drawn to themselves. A mirror is a reflection and I want my home to reflect on me, and when I look in the mirror I will see a reflection of myself but the mirror also reflects me. Deep stuff, vain....but deep, stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment