Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Appeal of the Kitchen Island

Known as a luxurious component to a kitchen\dining room the kitchen island is versatile and grand. Having one in my kitchen is not even remotely possible as there is no room but I noticed when viewing the apartment flat that the kitchen had two entrances--one to the dining room area and one from the foyer. 

PERFECT TABLE FOR MY ISLAND COUNTER

HOW IT WOULD LOOK WITH THE DOORWAY
I got to thinking, "Hmmm, what if I blocked off the entrance to the dining room by creating a kitchen island?" It wouldn't be easy to combine a tasteful island counter with a doorway but I might be able to build along the walls. The counter could start midway so it could accommodate 3-4 bar stools and would be about three feet long horizontally. It would cross right along the doorway but it would save a lot of dining space. I could place the knives and other things there. It's something that could be quite awkward though in design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment