Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Latest Annex Digs

The bathroom which will have some wall shelves full of towels.

Luckily we can build a droplead table to the U-shaped kitchen and move the couch over. I see potential.
It would be difficult to give up this opportune apartment in the safe and commendable Annex neighborhood, even if the bedroom is only big enough to fit a postage stamp. It's not particularly affordable or spacious but the neighbourhood is rad and I'm sure we'll both enjoy being part of the community. Besides, there are a lot of small apartments ex. 500 sq feet that have been cleverly decorated and furnished. The smaller it is, the more challenging and innovative the process will be. 
PS. The couch stays :) 
If we really like we will put a deposit down tomorrow (yay). It has a lot going for it and I feel like we can put our "stamp" on it. 

The first thing I'd do is paint it and liven it up. I feel the white is very bland in this particular space. We will likely paint one wall in the small living room. Since there is 7" tall ceilings (okay, I guess), I would have to make the place look bigger by going vertical (decorating up), using dramatic lights and using mirrors. I want as much floor space as possible, to look larger. To save space, we'll have to mount the TV to the wall and keep things simple but chic. I don't mind "small", we can work with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment