Friday, December 10, 2010

Books

As small as our apartment flat is, I'm adamant to have a thriving bookshelf (which I like to grandly call a library) that I can continue building on. I love buying books. Unlike clothing or meals out, they're investments--something I can read over and over again, reference, or pass on to mini-me's if I chose to procreate (at a much, much later date. I'm enjoying buying the latest technology and having free time to lounge and watch Criminal Minds too much right now!).

I buy more books than I have time to read, but I do plan to read them all. Reading and traveling are my favourite pasttimes, and the only things that seem worth my money other than my fiancee and a pet (we're working on finding a Pomeranian or Boston Terrier for when we move in.). Having a TIND lifestyle makes it easier to do so (Two-Income-No-Dependents demographic). My time is only my time. I work hard, go to college,  enjoy my books, enjoy my technology, drive a car and like to travel. My fiancee bought an iPhone 4 last night, and I have been vocal about how alarmingly quickly technology is moving forward. What will happen to forests and nature and all things small and homely? But then again, the phone offered convenience and paired with her Bluetooth and GPS, makes contacting her at any time possible which I'm grateful for. So I can hardly hate on the iPhone, as I'm playing games on it like a crack addict. I'm partial to my Blackberry Bold but if I had a chance to choose between the newest Blackberry (I think in Canada the latest sensation is the Blackberry Torch...) I'd chose the iPhone4 over it. 

   The bookshelf is a huge deal for me. I think wherever I go in life, I'll lug my books with me. I have books from Grade One. I fondly remember reading Charlotte's Web in Grade 2, buying a copy of the first ever Harry Potter in London, England before my Canadian pals and pouring over The Face on the Milk Carton feverishly when I was twelve (yes, I'm young). I know that the journeys I frequent in books can only be upstaged by those in real-life adventures, but it's not likely I'll run into wizards, kidnappers and talking barn animals in my regular day-to-day life. Each book isn't just merely pulp and ink but an experience that have feelings and emotions attached. I'm reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo right now. At first I thought she was spunky, than I felt pity, than she was my hero and as the story progresses, the emotions and curiosity released are enormous. My fiancee owns probably three or four books, and doesn't understand how I can "waste" a whole Saturday in a cozy chair propped by pillows reading a sensational novel and enjoying a fried egg sandwich. Well, c'est la vie.

1 comment:

  1. Very significant Information for us, I have think the representation of this Information is actually superb one. This is my first visit to your site. Canadian Made Sectional

    ReplyDelete